Chattanooga Daily Photo

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Stargazers


My neighbor calls these flowers stargazer lillies. I don't know if that's the true name for them but they are very beautiful flowers. Very fragrant too. She gave me a large bouquet of them last year and no matter which room I put them in, you could smell them all over the house! The do not smell bad but they can be overpowering so after several days of complaints from my family, I put them out on the porch.

Thursday night we were able to see the Space Shuttle and the International Space Station as they passed by Chattanooga in their orbit around the earth. If it's not cloudy they say we will be able to see it again tonight. Unfortunately, it's not something I can take a picture but at least the name stargazer lilly is appropriate.

6 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

Carol, they are indeed called stargazer lillies. Although their fragrance are very stong , I really love them!!!

11:17 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

I love Stargazer lilies, but I am allergic to them. Very pretty photo and it didn't even make me sneeze!

4:07 PM  
Blogger heidi said...

There's a lady at work who is crazy about these flowers. Nice photo here.

12:39 AM  
Blogger somebody said...

My favourite flower! I love the smell

5:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. acura tl tires north hampton acura http://www.driveway-sensor.info/1978-chevrolet-corvette.html phodos of older speed queen washers Acura mdx magazine

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Dentist etch warning Savings & loans midwest area Fast hard money cajon california ca louis vuitton handbags Facts on whitening teeth 401k rollover Will compaq system restore erase personal data first http://www.epson-stylus-c80-ink-cartridges.info air purifiers Womens sex legs Toy haulers ratings access+provider+internet+service Proactiv and solution

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home