Chattanooga Daily Photo

Friday, October 06, 2006

A sign and a story

The sign is the Shark Shack seafood restaurant sign. The story is that this restaurant opened for business a couple of years ago. I pass by there on my way to work each day. From the outside it's not very appealing but someone told me that the inside was nice and clean. Sometimes the places with the best local food are not very attractive. Has eanyone else ever noticed that?

Anyway, I would pass by this place at lunch time on my way home and within a very short time the parking lot (right in the front) would be overflowing with cars. I thought the food must be really good and even mentioned to my husband we should try it some time. A few months passed and the crowds seemed to grow. Then one night on the local news they had a story about a place that had been raided by the local police. Yes, it was the Shark Shack! It seems that not only was food on the menu but illegal gambling. The police confiscated all sorts of slot machines during their raid.

One of the ironic things is that the sign--which I kind of like--was delivered several days after the raid and the place was closed. They still put up the sign even though the place was closed. The sign is still there and the place has been closed longer than it was open.

5 Comments:

Blogger somebody said...

Never trust a shark!!

11:12 AM  
Blogger Carrie Nichols said...

LOL!!! So true, Marieta!

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice windy grass shot there Carol, Like it a lot!

11:54 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

Great story, Carol. Made me laugh.

1:20 AM  
Anonymous puertas metalicas exterior said...

In my view one and all should browse on this.

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home