Chattanooga Daily Photo

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

We were here first


I took this picture of "the cows" yesterday on my way home from Walmart. Ever since we've lived here (1997) there has been cows in this little field. There's a nearby elementary school, a brand new subdivision and new Walmart. All kinds of things are being built around them but they're still there in their little corner of the city. They're pretty curious too. If you stop your car as I did they will usually come over to the fence. Unfortunately I couldn't get closer or linger because it's a pretty busy street and no place to park

8 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

I love cows!!

8:00 AM  
Blogger somebody said...

Cute

1:56 PM  
Blogger Felicia said...

I love cows too! I hope that they stand their ground and that no one moves in on their territory!
P.S.: I just saw your Bonnie & Clyde car from Sunday. I'm doing a couple of days with car photos this week and I'll post the restored version of that car tomorrow.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Ham said...

Love the cows. The amazing thing used to be that cows roamed free where I live (in London). Unfortunately, the BSE problems meant that it was no longer viable to keep them. The cattle grids are still in the road to stop them entering the main roads, though.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Has anyone noticed how odd it is when cows sit/lie down? I usually see this when it's rained or is about to rain. Not just one out of a group, but many of them.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Hahaha I love cows too!

1:34 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

glad to see they still have lots of space ,yes, I love cows ,too :)

4:57 AM  
Blogger Marie McC said...

A very mooving photo! We had a cow when I was a kid. Yep, I'm a cow lover, too!

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home