Chattanooga Daily Photo

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Ye Old Mill

I pass by this place when I take my son to school. I was usually in a hurry or on the way home there would be traffic and no place to stop. Today, I was lucky and no cars so I stopped and took a picture. The place is right next to the road--you can see the beginning of the guard rail that goes across the bridge. The building is on the North Chickamauga Creek. Right now the creek is practically dry because we have not had much rain but in the spring when we get heavy rains the creek usually floods at least every couple of years. I'll get a picture of the creek and post it soon.

5 Comments:

Blogger Marie McC said...

Carol, I like this! There's something so nostalgic about weathered buildings in rural areas. It's very charming.

8:07 AM  
Blogger edwin s said...

does someone still use the mill or is it abandoned?

9:13 AM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

This picture is like soul food to me! Warm and comforting and reminiscent of someplace in my past! Thanks!!

1:11 PM  
Blogger Carrie Nichols said...

Thanks, I really liked the picture too.

Edwin--it's abandoned. Has been ever since we moved here 9 years ago.

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool guestbook, interesting information... Keep it UP
Fountain of youth multiline slots term lexapro long south jersey rhinoplasty Laser eye treatment lasik collins center rhinoplasty angola rhinoplasty Cheap mobiles calls Rhinoplasty chin implant picture Free xxx viceo clips Retinal detachment following lasik rhinoplasty Fax spam blocker Maytag dryers electric Pictures of rhinoplasty surgery before and after 1992 300 es lexus part Peugeot 807 passenger air bag

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home